The Institute is a unique professional learning opportunity for selected school, early childhood, and district teams from across Louisiana. The Louisiana Farm to School Institute is a whole-school professional development model that builds capacity in school communities to create a culture of wellness, improve food access, engage students, and strengthen local food systems.
January Louisiana Farm to School Institute Team Application Q&A Recording
If you missed the January Louisiana Farm to School Institute Team Application Q&A, you can watch the recording to see if any of your questions were answered!
December Louisiana Farm to School Institute Team Application Q&A Recording
If you missed the December Louisiana Farm to School Institute Team Application Q&A, you can watch the recording to see if any of your questions were answered!
Farm to School Rubric
The farm to school planning rubric is designed to help farm to school and early childhood teams get a systems-wide view of their farm to school program. It is designed to help assess the stage of your farm to school program, which informs your action planning process, identifying what next steps could deepen your program and give it greater staying power. It can also be used to identify readiness for Farm to School grants and needs for technical assistance.
A Recipe for Success: Benefits of Participation
Our Institute goes beyond learning the basics of farm to school and early childhood. We help teams build the relationships, skills, and connections you need to implement robust farm to school programs that align with your school’s priorities.
- Farm to School Action Plan: During the program, participants develop a values-based, school-wide farm to school action plan that integrates curriculum, local procurement, youth voice, and family and community connections.
- Networking with Peers: Individuals and teams share innovations and challenges, join in dialogue, and share with others across the state.
- Coaching: Teams are paired with an experienced coach from their state’s farm to school or early childhood network. You’ll have communication and meetings with this coach throughout the school year to assist you in implementing and adapting your action plan to meet the changing needs of your school.
- Skill Building: Participants engage in workshops designed around school-specific roles and meet with technical assistance providers to get support on their action plans.
- Multidisciplinary Teams: Strong teams bring together a diversity of perspectives to collaborate and share expertise to provide a tailored approach and create lasting change.
- Scholarships & Incentives: Each team will receive scholarships to send members to the May 2024 Institute Retreat and other farm to school events in 2024. This includes stipends to pay substitute teachers. Incentives for program supplies and materials will be awarded as steps in the Institute action plan are completed.